Welcome to the St. Anthony New Brighton Health Services web site. We believe that students with an optimal level of wellness are more receptive to the learning process therefore we strive to promote the health of students and promote a healthy school environment.
The Licensed School Nurse (LSN), Lori Watzl-King, provide the following services to support St. Anthony students:
- Assess individual student health and developmental status
- Promote and maintain the health and well-being of all students
- Develop health plans for students with health conditions
- Coordinate prevention and control of communicable diseases
- Develop and provide a system of first aid and emergency care
- Participate in health education
- Recommend new and updated health policies
- Assess and communicate student health concerns through referral to parents/guardians
- Administer medications and treatments
The Health Office is open from 7:30 AM-2:45 PM and we can be reached by phone (612-706-1107), fax (612-706-1140), or emailing email@example.com.
The High School Heath Aide is Jennifer Fernandez, firstname.lastname@example.org. Jennifer is available daily in the high school health office.
Highlights of changes include:
- The administration of over-the-counter medication by the school nurse will now require the written permission of BOTH the parent and the doctor. (Previously the doctor’s permission was only required for prescription medication).
- Students in grades 7 through 12 will now be allowed to self-carry and self-administer over-the-counter pain relief medication with parent permission.
See Medications at School section for specifics and forms.